Saturday, September 19, 2009

Roasted Vegetables

I wanted to make an easy dinner so I grabbed all the veggies in the produce drawer and a couple of red potatoes.  Chopped them up and stuck them in the oven.  When my hubby walked in the house he said, "Something smells good!"  I think the Pampered Chef stoneware helped...




Ingredients:
1 large portabella mushroom
1 large zuchini,
1 med. eggplant
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
1 small red onion, chopped 3/4 in. pieces
1 small white onion, chopped 3/4 in. pieces
3 red potatoes, cubed
4 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp dried parsley


 Preheat oven to 425.  Cut the eggplant and portabella mushroom into pieces approximately 3/4-inch.  Zucchini are quartered lengthwise and sliced.also 3/4 in. pieces.  Cherry tomatoes are left whole.


Spray an extra-large baking dish with olive oil and add all vegetables. Toss them with the parsley,olive oil,  and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spray the top lightly with olive oil and place in the oven. Put potatoes and onions in the oven first.  Let them cook for 15 min, take out of the oven and stir. Then add the other dish of veggies to the oven.   Bake for 20 minutes and stir. Bake for about 20 more minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. (If you are using Pampered Chef stoneware you don't have to stir every 10 minutes, only if using a glass or metal pan.)  Cook until vegetable are tender but not dried out.  You could try combining the veggies and potatoes all in one dish.  The reason I didn't was because I knew the potatoes would take longer and I didn't want to over cook my vegetables.  Mushy asparagus grosses me out.  I wish I had yellow squash when I made this.  


My husband really did like this and I am planning on making it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment